About this job
The Senior Associate will play a critical role in supporting GDI’s selection and development of new initiatives with the greatest potential to address persistent global challenges. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Senior Associate will work across the Strategy & Build team to research, scope, shape, and prioritize ideas GDI takes on, to further develop into full-blown ventures. The Senior Associate will have the opportunity to landscape, analyze, and develop hypotheses around a wide-range of sectors — from value-based health care to marginalized populations and beyond — models, solution types, and other ways of framing opportunities for global impact.
- Support Strategy & Build Directors to execute successful “Discover” phase work, in which GDI sources, evaluates, and shapes potential opportunities and concepts for incubation.
- Lead research, analysis, stakeholder mapping, market landscaping, and ultimately hypotheses development on the potential for given ideas to deliver systems-changing results at scale
- Conduct interviews and coordinating consultations with experts and other stakeholders
- Package research and analysis in user-friendly formats, for internal review and assessment and external stakeholder mobilization
- Codify best practices and lessons learned
- Assist in the development of related public-facing materials (e.g., website content)
- Produce and communicating research on global development and philanthropic trends and contributing to development of internal knowledge base
- Support ongoing strategic planning efforts, as needed
- Travel for meetings with experts and/or potential partners, as needed — on hold during pandemic.
- Undergraduate college degree with at least 2 years of related professional work experience; master’s degree is a plus
- Prior strategic consulting experience is desirable
- Outstanding analytical skills and strong inclination towards rigor with a demonstrated ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative evidence
- Excellent listening skills; effective influencer; strong interpersonal skills
- Collaborative team contributor
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; good attention to detail
- Ability to self-manage work streams and tasks; self-directed and resourceful with high standards for quality output
- A curious and creative intellect and a style that includes flexibility, levelness, and a sense of humor and humility
Qualities of GDI Employees
- A relentless drive to get things done.
- Curious and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Passion for driving social impact and tackling the world’s biggest challenges in new ways.
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications above, please submit a single PDF document containing a resume and one-page cover letter using the link below. Deadline to apply is August 5, 2020.
Global Development Incubator is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.Apply now >
Now hiring at GDI and our incubated initiatives
If you have an idea, initiative, or organization that you think could work well with GDI, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.