The Global Development Incubator (GDI) partners with social entrepreneurs and subject matter experts to build startups and collaboratives that can address some of the world’s toughest global development challenges. We play a mix of the strategist and implementer role to spin out new organizations over 24–36 months. Throughout each stage of our process, we bring together the right partners and resources across sectors—including corporations, nonprofits, governments, and foundations—to help game-changing ideas scale their impact and prepare them for long-term success. GDI currently retains a mostly remote workforce with major clusters of staff in New York, Washington, DC, Hong Kong, and Nairobi.
The Accounts Payable Associate will support a growing Finance and Operations team at an efficient and high-performing international organization. This role will be responsible for accurately maintaining the organization’s accounting records, along with the accounting records of a selection of our subsidiaries and incubated initiatives. The position requires initiative and resourcefulness in problem solving, analyzing trends and patterns to propose new procedures, and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers. Like every position at GDI, staff are expected to exercise a high degree of autonomy while assuming significant responsibility and are strongly encouraged to make recommendations to strengthen their work and the organization.
This position offers the opportunity to provide critical early-stage contributions to new organizations that are posed to make significant impact by exploring new solutions to solve key social issues. Individuals that are excited to learn and develop their skills while executing their work with a high degree of accuracy will be good candidates for this role.
This position reports to the Senior Accountant.
- Collect, review invoices and expense reports for accuracy and completeness
- Match invoices to contracts and receipts, ensuring proper coding and approval
- Process payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Maintain accurate records of all accounts payable transactions
- Address and respond to vendor inquiries
- Maintain electronic filing systems for accounting files
- Provide additional support to the Finance and Operations team as needed
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field, and a minimum of one year of experience demonstrating the qualifications below
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and data management skills
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong desire to learn new skills and comfort working in an evolving environment
- Proven aptitude to manage and juggle many competing priorities
- Able to move fluidly between collaborative and independent work styles
- Curious and entrepreneurial mindset
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong Excel skills and experience with QuickBooks, Certify, Bill.com, or other accounting systems and platforms
- Proficiency with General Accepted Accounting Principles
- Interest in and commitment to social entrepreneurship and international development
Annual Salary: $55,000 – $65,000
Application Process: Qualified candidates are required to submit their applications,including a detailed CV and a cover letter, outlining their interest in this position and why they would be a good fit. Please note that the cover letter is considered an important aspect of the application and will be evaluated against the qualifications above. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Global Development Incubator is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.