About this job
We design and build initiatives to create impact at scale across Asia. We focus on issues such as mental health, education, disability inclusion, rural public health and the ageing population.
Our team develops strategy, manages programs and builds initiatives with our partners. We are trusted by leading foundations, nonprofit organisations, governments, and corporates.
A typical project with a funder could be to develop their philanthropic investment strategy for an issue area e.g. how should we spend ~1bn HKD in the next 5 years to maximise our impact in mental health? A typical build partnership could be supporting the organisational transformation of a leading NGO to accelerate their growth rate by 5x. Or it could be launching a new fund focused on disability inclusion to fill a clear market gap. Our build partnerships ranges from 12-36 months, focusing on implementation and results.
Who we are looking for:
- Self aware, people developers. Leaders in GDI know their strengths and weaknesses, demonstrate empathy, and enjoy bringing out the potential of individuals and teams;
- Strategic thinkers and doers. Unlike many business problems, the social problems we tackle have not yet been solved, requiring greater strategic depth, clarity and agility;
- Drive to learn and grow. GDI team members are highly self-motivated, constantly getting better to maximise impact.
- Local cultural understanding and language. We believe in local leadership and look for those with full working proficiency in Cantonese and English; Mandarin is a bonus.
Your role as a Senior Associate/Manager:
- Guided by GDI leadership, lead and manage engagements with partners in strategy development, program management and implementation to achieve social impact at scale;
- Cultivate partnerships with executives at leading foundations, corporates, and nonprofits;
- Collaborate with GDI leadership to coach and develop Associates/Analysts;
- People successful in the role typically have 5-8 years professional experience in private sector (strategy consulting, in-house strategy development / general management) and/or social sector (leading foundation or NGO doing strategy development, grantmaking or program management).
Why join GDI:
- Culture: impact-driven, focus on people development, no politics – direct and candid, where the best ideas win (regardless of seniority);
- Impact: design and build initiatives that address unsolved and unmet social issues, impacting thousands, and in outstanding cases, millions;
- Learning: work with CEOs / senior leaders of well known foundations and NGOs, and work day to day with a team that will challenge you to grow.
- Please send your cover letter and resume (English and Chinese in one PDF document) to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Applications are processed on a rolling basis, so it is beneficial to apply as early as possible.
Now hiring at GDI and our incubated initiatives
If you have an idea, initiative, or organization that you think could work well with GDI, please contact email@example.com.