The Senior Associate – Operations and Compliance provides support for the finance, accounting, and talent teams and ensures effective day-to-day operations, subcontracting and subaward management for GDI, its subsidiaries, and other incubated initiatives. This role will be responsible for managing a suite of operations and compliance activities and ensuring those activities uphold GDI’s policies and procedures, donor requirements, and industry best practices. The position requires initiative and resourcefulness in creative problem solving, analyzing trends and patterns to propose new procedures, and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers. Coordination across teams will be essential to keep the organization running smoothly. Like every position at GDI, staff are expected to exercise a high degree of autonomy and take on significant responsibility.
This position reports to the Senior Manager – Operations and Special Projects.
- Supports GDI/initiative subcontracting activities, including: reviewing procurement documentation, providing guidance to staff, drafting/negotiating subcontracts, ensuring subcontractor compliance with policies, procedures, and/or donor requirements, and maintaining proper files
- Works with regional entities, subsidiaries, and/or incubated initiatives to draft and implement subawards
- Conducts pre-award risk assessments and other due diligence activities for subrecipients; tailors agreements to level of risk and donor requirements
- Provides high quality, timely support to internal and external stakeholders
- Supports business operations launch activities under the guidance of the Senior Manager and Finance Director
- Develops, refines, disseminates, and trains staff on policies and procedures
- Assists with proposal preparation and related donor due diligence activities on behalf of GDI, its initiatives and subsidiaries
- Develops, implements, and monitors systems for tracking and storing procurement documentation, subcontracts, and deliverables
- Works with external clients that provide operational support to the GDI network (insurance brokers, legal counsel, banking institutions, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a minimum of three years of progressive experience in a related position
- Experience with subcontracting, procurement, and subawards under prime agreements issued by the U.S. government, foreign governments, and/or private foundations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Razor-sharp problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skill and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- An interest in learning new skills
- Proven aptitude to manage and juggle many competing priorities is essential
- A relentless drive to get things done
- Able to move fluidly between collaborative and independent work styles
- Adept at making assessments quickly and identifying the best course of action
- Experience with FAR, AIDAR, and 2 CFR 200
- Experience working with non-U.S. partners and implementers
- Interest in and commitment to social entrepreneurship and international development
- Curious and entrepreneurial mindset
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume in one PDF document through SmartRecruiters.
Global Development Incubator is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Note: GDI is only able to consider candidates who are legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship for an employment visa.Apply now >
Now hiring at GDI and our incubated initiatives
If you have an idea, initiative, or organization that you think could work well with GDI, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.