About this job
The Global Development Incubator (GDI) is a non-profit entity legally registered under the Non-Governmental Organizations Coordination Act of Kenya. GDI Africa has a global partnership with the GDI USA-incorporated entity that is registered as a 501c3 non-profit and GDI Asia located in Hong Kong. GDI Africa’s principal area of operation is in Kenya, with several ongoing initiatives across Africa including Senegal, Ghana, South Africa, Tanzania, Rwanda, Liberia and Uganda. The GDI Mission is to bring together ideas, leaders and capital to build and scale the next generation of social solutions. Scaled impact is achieved through two pathways: i) a set of top-down initiatives involving multiple stakeholders and/or sectors, and ii) bottom-up engagements with individual enterprises. The GDI ‘Growth Engineering’ process is used to execute across the two impact pathways, adapting as needed or focusing on sub-components of the process to best suit a given engagement.
Start Date: January 2, 2023
Duration: 12 months
About the Assignment: GDI has developed an idea around the Shared Services Platform to localize development with the first pilot of this initiative running in Africa. The objective of The Shared Services Platform is to explore opportunities to shift global funding to domestically registered organizations. GDI has set up an ambitious question – what would it take to increase the percentage of global funding going to local organizations from less than 10% of funding to more than 50% by 2030? As part of the Shared Services Platform, we hope to support over 200 local NGOs in 10 African Markets, starting with an 18 months pilot phase in Kenya & Tanzania. Learnings carried out from the pilot phase, will be instrumental in the development and fundraising for the Shared Service Platform
About the Role: The Growth, Innovation & Strategy manager is a key member of the team effectively contributing to its success and the overall operational integrity of the organization.
- Identify and evaluate strategic deals and partnerships that drive the strategy forward.
- Support the development of tools and processes that increase better working relationships between the local entities and their donors
- Support local NGOs to identify opportunities for programs improvements, scale and fundraising
- Support local with the development of a board and governance framework for the organization which supports its vision, strategy and is compliant with all local legal requirements.
- Advices local NGOs on their communication and brand management strategies
- In collaboration with the reporting and fund-raising manager, assist the local NGOs in proposals and business models for new growth opportunities, programs and regions
- Support local NGOs to develop programmatic models that are more aligned with their vision and strategy.
- Support the GDI Shared Services Platform in the development of a short-term, midterm and long-term strategy that includes scaling advisory and capacity-building services to multiple African markets
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in business administration, management or a related field. A postgraduate qualification is desirable.
- 5-8 years experience of management and/or related experience
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively, and strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Attention to detail, analytical, multitasker, organized, solution-oriented, flexible, and able to prioritize, strong and versatile communicator.
- Demonstrate a keen interest in GDI’s work and possess the following qualities: Curious and entrepreneurial mindset; Razor-sharp problem-solving skills; A relentless drive to get things done; Ability to move fluidly between collaborative and independent work styles; Ability to make assessments quickly and identify the best course of action; Commitment to thinking critically and creatively about social change
Interested candidates who meet the desired qualification are encouraged to submit their Cover Letter and CV by December 9, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Global Development Incubator is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.Apply now >
Now hiring at GDI and our incubated initiatives
If you have an idea, initiative, or organization that you think could work well with GDI, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.