About this job
The Global Development Incubator (GDI) is a non-profit entity legally registered under the Non-Governmental Organizations Coordination Act of Kenya. GDI Africa has a global partnership with the GDI USA-incorporated entity that is registered as a 501c3 non-profit and GDI Asia located in Hong Kong. GDI Africa’s principal area of operation is in Kenya, with several ongoing initiatives across Africa including Senegal, Ghana, South Africa, Tanzania, Rwanda, Liberia and Uganda. The GDI Mission is to bring together ideas, leaders and capital to build and scale the next generation of social solutions. Scaled impact is achieved through two pathways: i) a set of top-down initiatives involving multiple stakeholders and/or sectors, and ii) bottom-up engagements with individual enterprises. The GDI ‘Growth Engineering’ process is used to execute across the two impact pathways, adapting as needed or focusing on sub-components of the process to best suit a given engagement.
Start Date: January 2, 2023
Duration: 12 months
About the Assignment: GDI has developed an idea around the Shared Services Platform to localize development with the first pilot of this initiative running in Africa. The objective of The Shared Services Platform is to explore opportunities to shift global funding to domestically registered organizations. GDI has set up an ambitious question – what would it take to increase the percentage of global funding going to local organizations from less than 10% of funding to more than 50% by 2030? As part of the Shared Services Platform, we hope to support over 200 local NGOs in 10 African Markets, starting with an 18 months pilot phase in Kenya & Tanzania. Learnings carried out from the pilot phase, will be instrumental in the development and fundraising for the Shared Service Platform
About the Role: The Fundraising & Impact Reporting Manager is a key member of the team effectively contributing to its success and the overall operational integrity of the organization.
- Support in structuring and reporting in all grants received by the Shared Services.
- Deeply research and explore potential fundraising opportunities for both the Shared Services platform and local NGOs/CBOs
- Writing, submitting, and uploading press releases as required.
- Writing funding proposals and submitting these to potential donors.
- Support local NGOs/CBOs in the development of reporting templates for NGOs receiving shared services support based on their grant’s agreements
- In collaboration, The Growth, Innovation & Strategy, help build consortiums that respond to the available RFPs
- Collaboratively with local NGO leadership, to develop reporting and donor management and engagement structures.
- Review local NGO’s grants, impact and reporting templates with a view of improving, adjusting and supporting their improvements
- Support local NGOs in the development of proposals
- Seek out the best consortiums for various proposals and impact models across Kenya and all our countries of operation.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Management, business administration or a related field. A postgraduate qualification is desirable.
- 5-8 years experience of fundraising experience, management and/or related experience
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively, and strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Attention to detail, analytical, multitasker, organized, solution-oriented, flexible, and able to prioritize, strong and versatile communicator.
- Demonstrate a keen interest in GDI’s work and possess the following qualities: Curious and entrepreneurial mindset; Razor-sharp problem-solving skills; A relentless drive to get things done; Ability to move fluidly between collaborative and independent work styles; Ability to make assessments quickly and identify the best course of action; Commitment to thinking critically and creatively about social change
Interested candidates who meet the desired qualification are encouraged to submit their Cover Letter and CV by December 9, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Global Development Incubator is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.Apply now >
Now hiring at GDI and our incubated initiatives
If you have an idea, initiative, or organization that you think could work well with GDI, please contact email@example.com.