The Global Development Incubator (GDI) is a non-profit that builds startups and partnerships to address some of the world’s toughest global development challenges. We play a mix of the strategist and implementer role to get game-changing ideas off the ground over 18-24 months. Throughout each stage of our process, we bring together the right partners across sectors – including corporations, nonprofits, governments, and foundations – to help new initiatives scale their impact and prepare for long-term success. Above all, we turn talk into action by matching ambitious leaders, strong concepts, and funding with the executional power required to launch and scale game-changing social impact efforts.
The Financial Analyst will support a growing Finance and Operations team at a lean and high-performing international organization. This role will be responsible for financial activities including budgeting, forecasting, building financial models, performing analysis, and preparing financial reports. The position requires initiative and resourcefulness in problem-solving, analyzing trends and patterns to propose new procedures, and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers. Like every position at GDI, staff are expected to exercise a high degree of autonomy while assuming significant responsibility. This position reports to the Finance and Accounting Manager.
- Prepare organizational, grant, and project budgets in collaboration with Project Lead and Finance and Accounting Manager
- Create customized grant reports, dashboards, and other data visualizations for funders, program/project directors, and senior management
- Produce timely periodic external and internal financial reports. Identify and analyze significant variances. Review results and variances to communicate them to the Project Lead
- Reforecast major budgets on a quarterly, or as-needed basis
- Monitor project expenditure to ensure compliance with budget, internal policies, grant terms, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Support financial oversight of sub-recipients, assuring the reasonableness of expenditures, compliance with budget, grant terms, and GAAP
- Ensure accurate financial analysis and information related to tracking and reporting of foundation grants, organization-wide financial reporting, and monitoring of key performance metrics
- Identify gaps in financial operations and develop solutions to address them in cooperation with Finance and Accounting Manager
- Provide additional support to the Finance and Operations team as needed
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or other business-related fields, and a minimum of three years of progressive experience in a similar position
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with QuickBooks or other accounting systems required
- Proficiency with General Accepted Accounting Principles required
- Experience in developing detailed grant program budgets and financial reports
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and data management skills required
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain complex technical information in simple terms to different stakeholders is required
- Proven aptitude to manage and juggle many competing priorities is essential
- Able to move fluidly between collaborative and independent work styles
- Curious and entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience with 2 CFR 200, experience with FAR and AIDAR desirable
- Experience working with non-U.S. donors, partners, and implementers
- Interest in and commitment to social entrepreneurship and international development
Application Process: Qualified candidates are required to submit their applications on or before February 15, 2022, 5 pm EST including: i) a detailed CV with three referees and ii) a cover letter, outlining their interest in this position and why they would be a good fit. Please note that the cover letter is considered an important aspect of the application and will be evaluated against the qualifications above. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Now hiring at GDI and our incubated initiatives
If you have an idea, initiative, or organization that you think could work well with GDI, please contact email@example.com.