About this job
The Global Development Incubator (GDI) builds startups and partnerships to address some of the world’s toughest global development challenges. We play a mix of strategist and implementer to spin out new initiatives over 24–36 months. Throughout each stage of our process, we bring together the right partners across sectors—including corporations, nonprofits, governments, and foundations—to help game-changing ideas scale their impact and prepare them for long-term success. GDI currently retains a mostly remote workforce with major clusters of staff in New York, Washington, DC, and Massachusetts. We also have offices in Hong Kong and Nairobi, and anticipate establishing an office in India in 2022.
At GDI, we believe brand and influence are critical to the success of transformational development ventures. As a member of GDI’s Brand, Marketing, and Communications (BMC) team, you’ll have the opportunity to build and execute creative communications strategies to drive impact for a wide variety of social impact initiatives.
The BMC Associate will support a broad range of communications activities for both GDI and its incubated initiatives. The Associate will play a key role in launching and scaling social impact startups focused on issues ranging from refugee livelihoods to agricultural finance to healthcare.
This role will report to the BMC Senior Manager and work closely with the BMC team, who are all based in the EST timezone. The Associate will also collaborate with GDI’s core teams including Strategy and Build, Finance and Operations, and Talent, as well as incubated initiative staff.
If you are a creative, entrepreneurial thinker who is energized by rolling up their sleeves and getting things done, we encourage you to apply. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until June 30, 2022.
- Work with the BMC team to develop and implement social media strategies for GDI and its initiatives
- Manage social media platforms (including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram) for GDI and its initiatives
- Create simple visuals for digital content campaigns
- Support scoping and procurement for creative projects including web development and graphic design
- Manage timelines and deliverables for initiative projects
- Support the expansion of GDI’s vendor network to new regions and skill sets
- Manage GDI newsletter and curate relevant content
- Support planning and facilitation of staff engagements
- Support knowledge management within BMC team
Media & Thought Leadership
- Work with BMC team to develop and implement thought leadership strategies across digital platforms to tell the story of GDI and its initiatives
- Support relationship building with media outlets to pitch articles externally
- Support design of pitch decks for GDI and early stage initiatives
- A bachelor’s degree in Communications, International Relations, or related fields
- 2+ years of experience producing content for print, digital, and other channels
- Outstanding writing skills and experience writing for various audiences and mediums; equally comfortable with long-form narrative and real-time content creation
- Proven experience managing social media channels for brands or organizations
- Project management skills to juggle schedules and deadlines while sticking to a budget
- A good “design eye” and experience with design tools like Canva
- Ability to move fluidly between collaborative and independent work styles
- Proven success building communities and engagement through social media
- Understanding of digital publishing and analytics tools
- Desire to experiment with new storytelling and content-creation tools
Qualities of GDI Employees
- A relentless drive to get things done
- Curious and entrepreneurial mindset
- Passion for driving social impact and tackling the world’s biggest challenges in new ways
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $50,000–$70,000. GDI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer contributions to health, dental, and vision insurance plans for employees and dependents and 401(k) matching contributions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications above, please submit a single PDF document containing a one-page cover letter and resume when applying.
Global Development Incubator is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Now hiring at GDI and our incubated initiatives
If you have an idea, initiative, or organization that you think could work well with GDI, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.