LaMP’s vision is a world in which the global poor have exponentially greater opportunity for economic advancement. To get there, our goal is to dramatically increase the scale and quality of labor mobility programs globally.
LaMP is a field-builder developing large-scale, long-term solutions for workers to access quality jobs across borders. Our mission is to catalyze a functional ecosystem of actors implementing safe and reliable mobility pathways, creating value for workers, employers, and economies along the way.
Some global context: OECD countries are rapidly aging, facing a gap of 383 million workers by 2050 to maintain their current economic structure. Meanwhile, workers in developing countries need jobs, and those who manage to secure work in OECD countries can expect to increase their income by 6 to 15 times. Improving labor mobility systems globally will benefit all actors involved — for the worker who gains quality employment and dramatically improves their income, for the receiving country which receives needed workers, and for the sending country which receives remittances and needed employment opportunities.
LaMP is a dynamic start-up that, over the next year, will focus on delivering proof of concept, providing technical assistance and developing necessary tools, developing right-sized evidence for policy influence, and building a global coalition of multi-sector actors committed to scaling quality labor mobility.
The ultimate goal of the Strategic Operations Associate is to help establish, strengthen, and/or implement the operating systems, processes, and norms necessary to enable effective and nimble collaboration and operations across a lean but mighty and growing global team. You will work both independently and with teams. You will collaborate with everyone in the organization, in some cases to implement established internal processes and in others acting as a thought partner and problem solver to identify new ways to solve internal blockages. This role is essential to equipping LaMP for even more exponential growth – you will have an opportunity to put your stamp on a high-growth organization and evolve into additional responsibility accordingly. The responsibilities below represent starting needs that will no doubt expand and elevate with the right hire. This role will report to the Executive Director.
Core responsibilities include:
- Proactively identify and lead implementation of new SaaS solutions to increase operational efficiency
- Manage existing Saas accounts (e.g. Microsoft 365, Salesforce, Slack, MailChimp, SmartRecruiters) and guide team use to optimize value
- Proactively identify and lead implementation of other interventions that can strengthen remote collaboration and productivity (e.g. intelligent document storage systems)
- Improve and own systems for team-wide planning, coordination, and visibility
Recruiting & Talent Management
- Support recruitment, across all stages of the lifecycle
- Project manage new hire onboarding
Communications & Meetings/Events
- Support scheduling across the team (Board, Advisory Council, internal and external staff-level meetings)
- Project manage event planning and management
- Manage and maintain email lists
- Implement minor updates to website as needed
Finance & Compliance
- Develop and maintain grant-related reporting management systems
- Support and strengthen expense reimbursement system
- Support and strengthen invoice management system
- At least 2 years of success in a similar role; experience supporting remote teams preferred
- Demonstrated savviness in common work-related technologies; as well as a general interest in staying on top of latest developments in tools to support productivity across a remote team
- Track record of cross-functional problem-solving
- Exceptional organization and attention to detail
- Innate tendency towards problem solving, with a can-do spirit
Our team recognizes that the impact we are able to achieve is fundamentally tied to the values which influence how we conduct ourselves as an organization. Because of this, the successful candidate will also demonstrate LaMP’s core values: (1) relentless and urgent pursuit of impact; (2) integrity and excellence in the details; (3) individual responsibility and ownership in all matters; (4) solution-oriented when identifying problems; and (5) deep respect, both towards our partners and stakeholders and within the team.
Location: Remote, able to work Eastern Standard Time business hours
(Please note that LaMP is not able to sponsor work visas at this time and so applicants must have existing authorization in their intended work location.)
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications above, please submit a one-page cover letter and resume using the link below.
LaMP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Deadline for applications: February 20, 2022
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Now hiring at GDI and our incubated initiatives
If you have an idea, initiative, or organization that you think could work well with GDI, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.